With an objective to promote education and support academic pursuits, Government of Assam has announces a one-time special incentive scheme for the Children of the Employees of Nagaon & Cacher Paper Mills under Hindustan Paper Corporation Mills in Assam.
The benefits of the scheme can be availed by the children of regular, serving employees of Hindustan Paper Corporation as a support to enable them pursue their studies.This will be a one-time grant.
Under it, the State government will offer a one-time incentive of Rs 1 lakh each to children of the mill employees who are pursuing medical, engineering or other similar professional courses either at any institute in Assam or outside the State.
For students who are currently pursuing post-graduate degrees or research work, the scholarship amount will be Rs 75,000, while for those in graduation courses, polytechnic and diploma courses it will be Rs 50,000.
For the employees’ children who are pursuing higher secondary or similar courses, the scholarship amount will be Rs 25,000, while children from classes I to X will receive a one-time assistance of Rs 10,000 each.
The scholarship will be disbursed ‘student-wise’ and not family-wise. So, if any mill employee has more than one kid pursuing any of the mentioned courses, all of them will receive the benefit as per their individual course of enrollment.
The money for the scheme will come from the finance department’s exclusive funds.
How to apply:
Eligible students will be able to get the application forms from the finance department’s web portal from January 14. They can submit the applications between January 14 and 20.
The deputy commissioners of the respective districts will verify the applications between January 21 and 30.
Salient Features of the scheme:
– Under the scheme, Government of Assam, will deposit the eligible amount as per the course being pursued by the children of employees working with Nagaon & Cachar Paper Mills under Hindustan Paper Corporation .
– Applicant should be a student of a School, College or University.
– Parent or legal guardian of the applicant should be a regular, serving employees of either Nagaon or Cachar Paper mill under HPL Ltd.
– Students pursuing courses within Assam or outside the State eligible for grant under this Scheme.
– Applicant who have availed benefits under Abhinandan Scheme will not be eligible.
What are the documents required to be uploaded?
– Address Proof ex. Voter ID Card or Aadhar Card or Quarter Details or PRC etc.
– Bank Account Details ex. Front Page of Bank Passbook / Bank Statement / Letter issued by Bank containing Account Holder Name, Bank Name, Branch Name, IFSC Code and Account Number.
– Proof of pursuing studies ex. Identity Card of the School / College / University / Institute or Registration Card or Admit Card or Selection Letter or Letter issued by Head of the School / College / University / Institute.
– Relationship Proof between Applicant (Student) and Employee of Paper Mill ex. Student ID Card or Voter ID Card or Aadhar Card or Document signed & stamped by a Class I / Group A Officer or Notarized Affidavit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Apply Online Link:
- Gauhati University B.Ed Common Entrance Test (GUBECET) Result 2020 Check here
- WPT and BC, Assam Financial Assistance 2020: ST/OBC Graduate Unemployed Youths
- 100 best Assamese quotes II on life for Shayari in Assamese
- PNRD Assam Admit Card 2020: 222 Assistant Engineer (Civil) Posts
- Essay on Manas National Park in Assamese